Dental Implant at a young age and whether dental implants are susceptible to infection?
A patient must be skeletally mature before getting dental implants. In other words, there shouldn’t be any further development spikes in their jaw bone. When dental implants are inserted before puberty is completed and the jaw is still developing, the restorations can block subsequent bone growth, reducing their longevity and raising the risk of complications.
There is a higher chance for:
- Bite issues
- Teeth with a gap between them
- Bone deterioration near the prosthesis
- Changes in the craniofacial area’s appearance
Can Kids get Dental Implants?
Dental implants are absolutely not appropriate for replacing missing teeth in children under the age of 12. Because their teeth, gums, and jaws are still growing, children’s and teenagers’ teeth, gums, and jaws will continue to alter as they mature.
Is There a Minimum Age For Dental Implants?
While every adolescent is unique, the jaw normally continues to develop until ages 18, 19, or 20. In rare circumstances, patients don’t reach full skeletal maturity until they are in their mid-20s. This is the reason that, unless they have attained skeletal maturity, adolescents under the age of 18 are frequently not good candidates for dental implant installation.
Alternatives To Dental Implants For Pre-Teens:
Teenagers and young adults generally do not want to live with missing teeth. While people wait a few years for a dental implant, individuals can explore alternatives rather than being left with a gap in their smile.
Here are a few of those possibilities:
- Removable partial denture: Depending on the situation, one or more artificial teeth may be added to this removable denture. Your child can conceal the fact that they are missing a tooth by wearing a partial denture.
- Bridge: Select between a fixed bridge supported by teeth and a resin-bonded bridge. For a fixed bridge to be supported by a crown, the teeth next to the gap must be ground down. This preparation procedure is not necessary for a resin-bonded bridge, protecting the healthy teeth next to it. Compared to a removable denture, these solutions often look and perform better.
- Braces: When your child’s tooth was knocked out and you were contemplating getting them braces, go ahead with your plans. While wearing braces to straighten out crooked teeth and bite issues, a prosthetic tooth can be fixed to an orthodontic wire to fill the space left by the missing tooth.
Are Dental Implants Susceptible to Infection?
It is possible to get an infection after a dental implant.
Here are the signs that show you might have a infection post surgery
- Pain and Trouble Chewing: After any invasive dental procedure, some pain is to be expected. But it ought to be manageable with a prescription. If your pain worsens or spreads, particularly to the point where it affects your ability to speak and swallow, you may have an infection.
- Fever, Redness and swelling: After receiving dental implants, some swelling at the surgical site is typical, just like pain. But after the initial several days, it should decrease. Infection is indicated by an increase in swelling and redness, especially when fever is present.
- Constant Bad Taste in Mouth: Infections in dental implants are caused by the accumulation of harmful germs and debris. You might notice that these sit in your gums and drip into your mouth, leaving you with an odd aftertaste that won’t go away. You might also detect a persistent foul breath.
- Loose Implant: To prevent them from coming loose, dental implants are fastened directly onto the bone in your jaw. Your implant should be stable for the rest of your life after it is implanted. A loose or wriggling implant indicates a problem, and you might require additional surgery to address it.
Where to Get Dental Implant Done?
If you are missing one or more teeth and are interested in a permanent tooth replacement solution, our expert Dr. Neetu Singh at Park Dental Clinic can help.
Learn more about the advantages of tooth implants and find out if you’re a candidate by scheduling an appointment today at the best dentist clinic in Dwarka sec7.
We spare no expense in providing the best quality treatments at affordable prices. Don’t be afraid to smile anymore. Show off the results of your Dental Implants at Park Dental Clinic, Dwarka!