Is It Possible To Complete The Dental Implant Process In One Day?
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are artificial structures that a dentist places in a patient’s jawbone. If a person has lost one or more teeth, they may require an implant. A dental implant is a tooth replacement device. The surgeon places an implant in the jawbone to act as an anchor for a crown, which is an artificial tooth.
Is it Possible to Complete Dental Implant Process in One Day:
The question of whether implants can be done in one day has been asked many times. Traditional implants can take several months to fully complete and require multiple trips to be completed. This includes the initial extraction of the tooth and a subsequent wait of two to four months for the socket to fully heal. Then there is the implant insertion process and another subsequent three to six months before full osseointegration (the bone fusing on the implant). Finally, the crown can then be placed onto the implant. The whole process can take around half a year to a full year to complete
Many people have asked whether implants can be performed in a single day. Traditional implants can take several months to complete and may necessitate multiple trips. This includes the extraction of the tooth and a two to four-month wait for the socket to heal completely. Then there’s the implant placement and the three to six months it takes for full osseointegration (the bone fusing on the implant). Finally, the crown can be affixed to the implant. The entire process can take anywhere from six months to a year to complete.
One-day implants are a possibility. This allows you to avoid the time-consuming osseointegration and wound healing processes, as well as the months of waiting in between. Although you will still need an early consultation to determine suitability and a final check-up after surgery, the implant procedure will only require one visit.
One Day Dental Implants Have Many Benefits:
- Faster process: You will spend less time in the dental chair overall than you would for a traditional dental implant procedure, but you will spend more time in one day.
- Less trips to the dentist: You can avoid the inconvenience of making trips back and forth to the dentist
- Get your smile back sooner: If you’re missing a visible tooth, you’ll want your dental implant as soon as possible to restore your smile. Dental implants will have you smiling again sooner than you think.
- Works for implant supported dentures as well: The same day dental implant procedure can be used to obtain implant-supported dentures. You’ll have your full smile back in no time.
Risk in Same-Day Dental Implant:
- Same-day dental implant treatments cannot create a shortcut that avoids the bone-to-implant integration process. This must still occur and cannot be rushed because the body requires time to produce new bone cells that firmly hold the implants.
- Higher risk of implant movement
- Risk of more infection
- Patients who grind their teeth may wear replacements down prematurely
Individuals Who May Be Unable to Receive One-Day Dental Implant Treatment Include:
- Sufferers of periodontal disease (unless all the teeth are being replaced).
- Those with poor oral hygiene.
- Heavy smokers.
- Individuals with autoimmune disease.
- Patients with chronic disease.
- People with bruxism (tooth grinding).
- Those who possess a thin or soft jawbone
Where to get Dental Implant Treatment?
Park Dental Clinic in Dwarka Sec7 can assist you if you are looking for a dentist who can provide you with one day dental implants. Following an initial consultation, our skilled periodontist Dr. Neetu Singh can place one or more dental implants in a single appointment.
Many patients would benefit from the convenience of this procedure and are ideal candidates. This service is available to our patients who want to save time and money.