Dental Implants: Everything You Need to Know
What is a Dental Implant?
Dental implants are artificial structures that a dentist places in a patient’s jawbone. If a person has lost one or more teeth, they may require an implant. A dental implant is a tooth replacement device.
The surgeon inserts an implant into the jawbone, which serves as an anchor for an artificial tooth, called a crown. When a tooth is lost due to an accident or illness, a person may have issues such as fast bone loss, faulty speech, or changes in chewing patterns that cause pain.
Replacing a missing tooth with a dental implant can enhance the patient’s quality of life and health dramatically.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Dental implants function similarly to natural teeth: Implants are more natural and comfortable. It restores full chewing power.
- Dental Implants prevent bone loss: Implants have a greater success rate in terms of maintaining the entire jaw robust. If no implant is implanted during the first year following tooth loss, the bone region loses 25% of its volume, and this bone loss continues over time.
- Dental implants stabilize adjacent teeth: It reduces the likelihood of cavities developing in neighboring teeth and matches your natural teeth.
- Dental Implant can last a lifetime: The titanium implant is designed to merge into the jawbone. It’s bio-compatible, which means it’s not harmful and won’t be rejected by the body. Overall, it is an effective tooth replacement.
What Are the Two Types of Dental Implants:
- Endosteal: The most prevalent form is endosteal dental implants. They are implanted in the jawbone by a surgeon and can each hold one or more prosthetic teeth.
- Subperiosteal: A subperiosteal implant is placed on top of the jawbone by a surgeon. Dental surgeons recommend this method for patients with low jawbone height.
What Are the Steps of Dental Implants:
- Initial Evaluation: Your dentist will initially do a thorough examination to establish the state of your jawbone. This preliminary examination involves X-rays, impressions, and matching the color of your teeth to ensure that your implant looks as natural as feasible.
- Tooth Extraction: If you still have a tooth that has to be replaced, your dentist will remove it before proceeding with the dental procedure. This can be done concurrently with the implantation.
- Inserting the Dental Implant and Bone Grafting: There are two types of dental implants: those that are inserted into your jawbone and those that are placed immediately beneath the gumline.
- If you have a transplant, you must first heal your bone. The dentist will place the implant when the bone has healed.
After the implant has been placed in your jawbone, the jawbone will begin to develop around the implant. The implant is then integrated into your natural gum line. This procedure differs from person to person and might take anywhere from 3 to 9 months.
- Abutment Placement: Once your implant is solid enough, the dentist will use local anesthetic to put an abutment on top of it. This portion is what links your implant to your crown. The abutment must be adjusted so that it remains in position during eating.
- Adding the permanent crown: Your dentist will create your artificial tooth or crown when your gums have healed. You have the option of having a detachable or permanent implant. A permanent implant cannot be removed to be replaced or cleaned. It is fastened into the abutment permanently or bonded down with cement.
What’s the Aftercare of Dental Implant:
- After obtaining dental implants, you should switch to a much softer toothbrush.
- Avoid abrasive foods since they can cause severe pain.
- Sticky or hard foods should be avoided since they might harm your implants. Not to mention they can harm opposing teeth as well.
- Take recommended medications and visit your dentist on a monthly basis.
Where to Get Implant Done?
Park Dental Clinic is the most reputable dental clinic in Dwarka Sec7 for Dental Implants. Dr. Neetu Singh is the top dentist in Dwarka, and she will ensure that your teeth and jaw are properly aligned.
She provides you with the greatest options and treatments, as well as ensuring that you are comfortable throughout the procedure.
Park Dental Clinic should be your first pick for all of your dental requirements since they use innovative equipment and specialist skills. Visit Park Dental Clinic right away!