The Dental Clinic takes great care to protect the personal data we hold for our patients in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
All individuals who have personal data held about them have a right to object to their personal data being subjected to automated decision making.
- Provide, appropriate, safe and effective dental care, treatment and advice for all our patients.
- Fulfil any contracts we hold in relation to their care.
- For business administration of their care.
Personal data held for our patients
- Name, address, date of birth.
- Unique identification number.
- Next of Kin
- Email address.
- Phone numbers.
- GP contact details.
- Medical history.
- Dental care records.
- Family group.
- Payment plan details.
- Financial information.
- Credit cards receipts.
- Details of any complaints received.
We keep an inventory of personal data we hold on our patients and this is available for patients on request. A list of personal information held is also included in our Privacy Notice that is given to all patients.
Disclosure to third parties
We will share our patients’ personal information with third parties when required by law or to enable us to deliver a service to them or where we have another legitimate reason for doing so. Third parties we may share patients’ personal information with may include:
- Regulatory authorities such as the General Dental Council or the Care Quality Commission
- NHS Local Authorities
- Dental payment plan administrators
- Insurance companies
- Loss assessors
- Fraud prevention agencies
- In the event of a possible sale of the practice at some time in the future.