When is Dental Implant Surgery Is Required ?
Dental Implant Surgery
Dental implant surgery is a procedure that replaces tooth roots with metal screws like posts and replaces damaged or missing teeth with artificial teeth that look and function much like real ones.
Dental implant surgery can offer a welcome alternative to dentures or bridgework that doesn’t fit well and can offer an option when a lack of natural teeth roots don’t allow building denture or bridgework tooth replacements.
How Dental Surgery Is Performed ?
Dental implant surgery is performed depends on the type of implant and the condition of your jawbone
Dental implant surgery may involve several procedures. The major benefit of implants is solid support for your new teeth — a process that requires the bone to heal tightly around the implant. Because this bone healing requires time, the process can take many months.
Why are Dental Implants Done?
Dental implants are surgically placed in your jawbone, where they serve as the roots of missing teeth. Because the titanium in the implants fuses with your jawbone, the implants won’t slip, make noise or cause bone damage the way fixed bridgework or dentures might. And the materials can’t decay like your own teeth that support regular bridgework can Dental Implants may be right for you, if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth
- Have a jawbone that’s reached full growth
- Have adequate bone to secure the implants or are able to have a bone graft
- Have healthy oral tissues
- Doesn’t have health conditions that will affect bone healing
- Are unable or unwilling to wear dentures
The entire process can take months from start to finish. Much of that time is devoted to healing.
When are Dental Implants necessary?
Dental Implants are necessary when you have missing teeth, but either cannot or do not want to get dentures, bridges or crowns. It is important to replace a lost tooth, as the consequences of removing/losing a tooth and doing nothing can grow into a much larger problem as time goes on.
Dental implants have many aesthetic benefits, however, they also play an important role in the overall function of your mouth. Dental implants support a healthy bite, keeping each tooth properly in place while supporting a healthy jawbone and preventing bone deterioration. When a tooth is lost or pulled and not replaced, the jawbone can begin to deteriorate. This happens because what preserves the jawbone in the first place is the pressure and stimulus of chewing.
Dental implants may also feel necessary for the visual aspect. You may feel self-conscious about how your smile looks and feels, and dental implants can help with that. Your self-esteem and self-confidence are important, and being able to eat comfortably (especially at social gatherings), smile and laugh without pain, worry or holding back is important and will have a great impact on your life as a whole.
Here are 5 reasons why you may need dental Implants:
- You have missing or chipped teeth
- Dentures aren’t fitting properly which causes pain and discomfort
- There is sign of infected tooth due to periodontal disease, injury or other causes
- The jawbone may have begun to deteriorate or recede
- Sunken-in skin can occur when there is bone loss from missing teeth, and it is also common in patients who wear dentures.
Benefits of Dental Implants:
- Restore and preserve facial structure.
- Stop the progression of bone loss and gum recession.
- Create a secure base for bridgework.
- Secure dentures without glues.
- Support the remaining teeth to keep them in place.
- Normalize chewing and speaking abilities.
- Provide a permanent solution for missing teeth.
Most dental implants are successful. Sometimes, however, the bone fails to fuse sufficiently to the metal implant. Smoking, for example, may contribute to implant failure and complications. If the bone fails to fuse sufficiently, the implant is removed, the bone is cleaned up, and you can try the procedure again in about three months.
You can help your dental work — and remaining natural teeth — last longer if you:
- Practice excellent oral hygiene
- See your dentist on a regular basis
- Avoid damaging habits like chewing on hard items and consuming caffeine or tobacco
Where to get Dental Implants done?
Getting a dental implant is an exciting experience that not only looks appealing but is of great benefit. It is always better to get your teeth examined by a dentist who has sufficient experience.
Dr. Neetu Singh is one of the best dentists in Dwarka sec7. She practices at Park Dental Clinic and has 14 years of experience in dentistry.
With her attention to detail, precision, and care, you can be sure that your dental implant will be like no other!
Park Dental Clinic is equipped with the latest machinery to ensure that your Dental Implants are done the right way.
At Park Dental Clinic, your teeth are treated like celebrities. We spare no expense in providing the best quality treatments at affordable prices. Don’t be afraid to smile anymore.
Show off the results of your dental Implant at Park Dental Clinic, Dwarka!